💰 12-year-old makes $400,000 from NFTs

Benoni has a promising future ahead

Hey Waivly Crew! 🌊 Recently 12-year-old Benyamin Ahmed made $400,000 selling his NFT collection Weird Whales. Twitter is continuing to create opportunities for its creators, by launching Ticketed Spaces for some iOS users.


$400,000 from NFT’s at 12-years-old

After only two months of selling NFTs on OpenSea, 12-year-old Benyamin Ahmed has made $400,000.

Weird Whales

Benyamin, also known as Benoni, made his fortune with an NFT project called Weird Whales, a collection of 3,350 unique pixel art whales, each with its own traits. Benoni's collection sold out in the first nine hours, and he's only getting started.

Not your average 12-year-old

Ahmed began programming at just five, taking inspiration from his Dad, who works as a web developer, starting off by learning with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and other languages.

Interest in NFTs

“I first learned about NFTs earlier this year,” Ahmad told CNBC in an interview. “I got fascinated with NFTs because you can easily transfer the ownership of an NFT by the blockchain.”


Streamlabs is launching a monthly tipping service

Logitech's popular live-streaming software company, Streamlabs has recently announced that they are rolling out an alternative way for Twitch streamers to earn money through their fans by implementing a monthly tipping service called Streamlabs Creator Subscription

What is Streamlabs Creator Subscription?

Streamlabs Creator Subscription is the new monthly tipping service that Streamlabs is offering Twitch streamers to have more flexibility on what kind of subscriptions they offer to their viewers. The new feature will allow creators to enable or disable their monthly tip setting as well as set their own subscription prices. Viewers will also have the option to tip whatever amount they want and even send redeemable monthly tip notifications during a stream. The money that a creator earns through tips will be deposited directly to the creator's PayPal account. Unlike Twitch, Streamlabs will not be taking a cut from the creator's earnings, but the payments are subjected to processing fee payments.

Who can get access to Streamlabs Creator Subscription?

Ashray Urs, Streamlabs' head of product, in a blog post has stated that the Streamlabs Creator Subscription will be open to anyone that has a Streamlabs tip page, regardless of the size of their community or how often the creator streams.


The Waves

👀 Elon Musk insults Jeff Bezos over his attacks on SpaceX

🤖 Sony wants to build robots capable of winning a Nobel Prize

🚗 Tesla’s iPhone app update includes new widgets

🛍️ Amazon is working on a buy-now-pay-later option


NFT Special

Lil' Monsters

If you are a fan of anything to horror related, Lil' Monsters are the perfect NFT's for you. They are a unique collection of monsters, all drawn separately to perfection, so you never have to worry about buying an NFT similar to another. As the project only launched recently, they cost an affordable price of 0.01 ETH on OpenSea.

Terraforma Plots

Ever wanted to own a piece of earth? Terraforma is a collection of NFT plots on OpenSea, created with topography, depth, and height map data, to accurately recreate famous geographical locations and landmarks like the Amazon River and Mount Kilimanjaro. The collection will eventually have between 100-500 unique NFTs, each in a completely different place.

The Rogue Eggs

The Rogue Eggs is an NFT project by two creative individuals who love to create stories about everyday people through humorous eggs. There are currently 3000 Rogue Eggs on OpenSea, all with a unique design and description.


Twitter launches Ticketed Spaces on IOS

Twitter has begun to rollout Ticketed Spaces for some iOS users, months after spaces were first added to the platform.

What are Ticketed Spaces?

In June, applications for Ticketed Spaces opened for users over 18, and now they're here. Ticketed Spaces allow creators to generate revenue from spaces, live audio rooms similar to Clubhouse. Currently, only a limited amount of users have access to Ticketed Spaces, but eventually, they will come to everyone at some point.

Low commission

If you're a creator making under $50,000 from Ticketed Spaces and Super Follows, Twitter will take a 3 percent cut, leaving you with 97% earnings. Once a creator is making more than $50,000, Twitter will raise its 3% commission to 20%. Twitter's commission is a lot more generous than platforms like Twitch, which takes 50% of all subscriptions, no matter the size of the streamer.