CD Projekt acquires The Molasses Flood

The studio will work on its own “ambitious” project

CD Projekt has acquired the Boston-based studio The Molasses Flood, the studio behind games like Flame in the Flood and Drake Hollow.

Announced to investors yesterday, CD Projekt announced that it had bought 60% of The Molasses Flood initially, with the remaining 40% to be transferred over time.

The Molasses Flood will collaborate with CD Projekt's development unit, CD Projekt Red, but will operate independently. The announcement stated that The Molasses Flood "will work on its own project based on one of CD Projekt’s IPs." Currently, CDPR's only known IPs are The Witcher and Cyberpunk 2077, so the game will likely be set in either universe.

"We’re always on the lookout for teams who make games with heart," CDPR president Adam Kiciński said . "The Molasses Flood share our passion for video game development, they’re experienced, quality-oriented, and have great technological insight. I’m convinced they will bring a lot of talent and determination to the Group."

For more from us at Waivly, join our free fun-to-read and to-the-point newsletter enjoyed by hundreds of people across the internet every day of the week 👇